What sets us apart
World class infrastructure with the potential to increase cash flow by fully utilising our spare capacity.
Nostrum has invested over US$1bn into its infrastructure in North-western Kazakhstan. The current production levels utilise under 20% of its capacity. Our focus is to try to fill the spare capacity with third party gas. Unlocking this potential is critical to our ability to grow stakeholder value.
Safety is at the core of our operations
- Safety is a core value of our operations; we believe that all accidents are preventable and everyone at the Nostrum Group has a right to work in a safe environment.
- ‘Golden Rules’ rolled out across the group to ensure awareness of company guidelines.
- All employees are accountable and responsible to ensure safe working conditions. We strive to ensure all employees work in a healthy and safe environment by operating prudent logistics and facilities.
Infrastructure including a 4.2 bcm gas processing facility
- Extensive infrastructure allows Nostrum to develop raw gas deposits in North-western Kazakhstan where there is a shortage of processing capacity.
- Three fully commissioned gas treatment units with a combined nameplate processing capacity of 4.2 bcm per year.
Well established transport links to export markets
- Access to multiple transportation routes
- Full control of liquid transportation logistics with 120km liquids pipeline and automated rail loading terminal owned by Nostrum.
- With over US$1bn of debt and declining production levels, Nostrum continues to focus on reducing its cost base and to try to preserve capital.
- More than 200 employees released during 2019
- All non-core projects ceased.
Our story: Over the last 15 years, we have built a world class infrastructure hub that has allowed for the exploration and development of the Chinarevskoye field and can continue to support production and sale of billions of cubic meters of raw gas in North-western Kazakhstan for years to come.
Our strategy: We, as management and employees, together with our local partners, are committed to working towards delivering sustainable long-term cash flows by commercialising our gas processing infrastructure, mitigating sub-surface reservoir risk and applying stringent cost control.
Business model inputs
- World-class infrastructure
- Low operating costs
- Attractive fiscal groups
- Experienced management team
- Responsible operations
We are one of the leading employers in North-western Kazakhstan, delivering sustainable benefits to the local community.
2019 was an extremely challenging time for investors – the Company is working hard with a new vision to improve this
We are a proud community partner and strive to foster a culture of openness and engagement, offering social and financial support to promote the well-being of local residents.
Suppliers & Contractors
Established safety audits to ensure trusted partnership.
Governments & Regulators
We paid US$42,883,995 of tax in 2019 to governments.